We, at Homewell Practice are proud to be an accredited Veteran Friendly GP Practice and to support our
As a Veteran Friendly GP Practice we:
- Have a clinical lead for veteran health Paula, who is supported by the whole Practice to improve
veteran health services.
- Ask patients ‘Have you served in the Armed Forces?’ to help identify veteran patients
- Support veteran patients to access dedicated health services
- Undertake regular training and development to meet the health commitments of the Armed Forces
Covenant and better understand the needs of veteran patients
- If you are a veteran patient, please let us know that you have served so that we can make sure that we
understand your health needs.
More than 1,400 practices are now veteran friendly accredited and a University of Chester study revealed
that 99% of accredited practices would recommend the accreditation. To find out more about the Veteran
Friendly Practices accreditation scheme, visit www.rcgp.org.uk/veterans
The Veteran Friendly Practices accreditation scheme is run by the Royal College of General Practitioners in
partnership with NHS England.