Your annual Diabetic Review/Long Term Health Review forms an important part of your ongoing care and monitoring. It is also a chance for you to share any concerns or questions you may have.
Please make an appointment with an HCA who will:
- Take your height and weight (to check if you are under or overweight).
- Take your blood pressure.
- Do a blood test (no longer need to make a separate appointment).
- Perform a foot check (diabetic patients only).
- Spirometry (COPD patients only).
- Discuss any concerns with the GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
Your results will be reviewed by our clinicians who will contact you if further discussions are required and to advise any change in regime, lifestyle or medication.
It is vital that you attend your Long Term Health appointment and have a blood test (if required), in order that your GP/Nurse Practitioner can safely continue to prescribe any medications and prevent long term complications.
Please contact the surgery on 023 9248 2124 to make your 40 minute appointment in the Long Term Health Clinic, quoting LHC40.
If you decide not to take your Doctor’s advice to attend your review, please complete our online form.