All eligible patients will be receiving invitations. Booking an appointment is quick and easy to do online, using The NHS App. Help and support on using the app can be found on www.nhs.uk/apphelp. Alternatively, booking is also available via Patient Access.
We will be running walk through clinics by appointment only at the Homewell Practice. Our team of marshals will be available to direct you to the queue and make sure everyone is safe. Social distancing markers will be available.
To ensure the safety of all patients and our team, we ask the following:
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time
Our team will not be able to allow you entry to the queue if you arrive too early to ensure we maintain social distancing
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Wear loose fitting layers that can be easily removed in advance of your appointment
e.g. short sleeved t-shirt
- Bring your confirmation letter with you, which we will post to your home address shortly after you have booked
If you do not have your booking confirmation letter with you at your appointment, we will not be able to vaccinate you
- Cancel your appointment and self-isolate immediately if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperate, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you’ve tested positive for coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
Child Flu Vaccinations
All children aged two and three years old on 31 August 2020 (date of birth on or after 1 September 2016 and on or before 31 August 2018) will be eligible to have the vaccine at the practice. Any children in a clinical risk category under the age of 18 will also able to have the vaccination, however those of school age will be offered the vaccine at school.
If your child is in a risk category and is not of school age yet, or is not having the vaccine at school please book into our Child Flu clinic on 20-November and 11-December (14:00 – 18:00) in our magical Frozen themed clinic. Come and join the magic with our Frozen themed day including a socially distanced trail leading into the Practice where the movie will be playing on arrival and our favourite Frozen friends will be here to make this the most enjoyable experience for your children.
Booking an appointment is quick and easy to do online, using The NHS App. Help and support on using the app can be found on www.nhs.uk/apphelp. Alternatively, booking is also available via Patient Access.
Patients aged 50-64 who are not in a clinical risk group
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, you are able to book into our flu vaccination clinics from 01-December. Booking an appointment is quick and easy to do online, using The NHS App. Help and support on using the app can be found on www.nhs.uk/apphelp. Alternatively, booking is also available via Patient Access.
In response to the development of a COVID vaccination, we are in the early stages of local discussions as to how the vaccination programme will be organised for our patients.
Rest assured we will be in contact with you as soon as we know more.
Please do not contact the surgery as we do not have any further information to share at this time.
Please ensure we have your up-to-date contact details for text and email updates as this will be our main means of communication, in addition to our website. You can also update your details via our website.