Your annual Long Term Health Review is now due. This review forms an important part of your ongoing care and monitoring. It is also a chance for you to share any concerns or questions you may have.
Please make an appointment with a Health Care Assistant who will:
- Take your height and weight (to check if you are under or overweight).
- Take your blood pressure.
- Carry out a diabetic foot check (for diabetic patients only).
- Do a blood test (no longer need to make a separate appointment).
- Ensure that the results are shared with an Advanced Nurse Practitioner/GP.
It is vital that you attend your Long Term Health appointment and have your blood test (if required), in order that your GP/Nurse Practitioner can safely continue to prescribe any medications and prevent long term complications.
Failure to attend this appointment means your prescribed medicines will only be issued 7 days at a time until you have this appointment. This is because medicines cannot safely be prescribed if you are not attending for routine checks and care.
Please bring an early morning urine sample and any Asthma inhalers to your appointment.
Please contact the surgery on 023 9248 2124 to make your appointment in the Long Term Health Clinic.
If you are a smoker and would like to give up, visit: www.smokefreehampshire.co.uk.
If you have decided not to attend this clinic, please complete the form and bring it to the practice.